Monday, November 17, 2008

Season of Thanks

Mike and I have been thinking more about this Thanksgiving season than we ever have, I think. Not that we didn't before, but we are trying to establish some traditions for our family and have been studying the story of why we celebrate Thanksgiving. I find that I have forgotten through the years, much of the story of what our forefathers went through to begin our nation and the sacrifices it involved. Many, many of them lost family to death or even left children behind when they made the voyage across the Atlantic. It makes me so thankful for the foundation they built for us to build our nation on. God's provision was incredible and they saw Him at work in their lives even though sometimes their food was rationed. One time it is said that they rationed the corn to only 5 kernels per person. I find that hard to imagine, yet they knew they "could not live by bread alone". They lived by the Word of God. Lord, may my life be filled with thankfulness and may I always see your hand at work.

No comments: