Saturday, March 21, 2009

Just thinking.....

The last couple of days I have had Philippians 4:8 on my mind. "Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report, if there be any virtue and if there be any praise; think on these things." This is one of my favorite verses because it really helps in my battles of the mind. Usually the things that bother me the most are things that I really don't KNOW to be true....things just seem true. Therefore, when I am bothered about something I try to ask myself..."Do I KNOW this is the case? Is it something lovely to think about? Is it of good report? Is it praiseworthy? I am amazed of the things I can clear out of my day just from this filter. WOW!! God knew what He was doing when He gave us this verse.

No comments: