Friday, January 21, 2011

Trust.......

Today, giving much thought to TRUST, I am reminded that Faith is believing in something or some One who is trustworthy. It is NOT just believing that God WILL do something. Not long ago I saw a church sign which read; "Faith is not believing that God can; it's believing that God will." I gave that some thought and just cannot come away believing that statement. Sometimes God just does not choose to do what we think He should do in a way that we think He should do it. Not that He Can't; it is just He does NOT CHOOSE to do so.

Through this season in our lives with the situation we are facing with the baby; I am learning and trying to keep the faith even when I cannot see. I don't think I realized before how difficult it can be. But one thing I do know.....My God CAN do anything!!!! I reaffirm through scripture time and time again that GOD CAN. Will He? Will He change our situation??? I don't know; but even if He does not choose to work in that manner; by healing our little one so that we can bring it home to raise; I have no doubt that He CAN!!!

Someone recently said that she believed God was using our situation to show His power. I do believe that God will show His power!! He will be glorified!!! It's just sometimes, I can't get it through my thick skull that God may glorify Himself through another way....some way that I wouldn't even think of. But can I trust??? Can I throw myself into His arms and really say "Here Lord....I TRUST YOU!!???" Yes I can!!! Lord, You do it your way.....in Your Time!! TRUST!!!

1 comment:

sarahmfry said...

Oh Tracie, you put it so well. If faith is believing God will do it (the way we want it) then faith has let a lot of us down hard! Even now, I relish the "faith" that I feel - as a deep-down rock that says He is who He is. He is good. No matter what. Whatever my fears or griefs. Nothing can take that from me.

After holding Charity in the hospital that day, I cam home with that theme repeating in my head. This makes NO SENSE. The only place our hearts have to land is that God is Good. He is Wise. He is Love. And that cannot change.

I like it when we get to see the "meaning" for our pain or to see how God was glorified or to see the beautiful picture He makes from the pieces. But sometimes, it just all seems like senseless pieces. We don't always get to see the whole picture.

And I go back again to that rock. It holds me.

I pray it holds you today.