Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Kid's Hero.....at least for a day!!




I had an interesting day yesterday when about 2:00pm, Kendra came running downstairs and said, "Mommy, there's a bat in upstairs. At first, I thought it was a bird, then I saw it was a bat. I ran downstairs as fast as I could." I began thinking fast...What should I do. I said "OK we will just stay down here and maybe it will stay upstairs." NOT ON YOUR LIFE!! It flew downstairs within the 20 second mark and the kids, screaming bloody murder, were sitting on the chair waiting for their Mom to do something. Do I have to say, I HATE those things???!!! I grabbed the only thing I could think of and socked the thing out of the air than hit it again to make sure it wasn't going to move. Next I called my hubby who was miles away. What could he do??? Oh well, it felt better to talk to someone. After disposing of the victim, the kids and I just sat for stunned for awhile. Let me just say...that was TOO MUCH excitement for one day!!!

10 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow, that's a big bat! He was probably hibernating in your house!

Pecks Place said...

Not a nice thought....might be more somewhere close. eeek

Michelle said...

Ewww - glad you were able to do something about it by yourself!

Jody J said...

Oh, Tracie, I'm so sorry you had to do that! I'm afraid I would have just left!

Pecks Place said...

Jody, I wanted to really bad but couldn't get shoes and coats and had a sleeping boy. And it was already flying around our heads.

Pecks Place said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sassy said...

You telling me the story was hilarious. However, after seeing the pictures, hmmm...I'm not sure how brave I would have been. That is terrible. It gives me the willies just looking at the picture.

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize with you 100% on this...

Janiece said...

Yuck! Yuck! Yuck! I feel your pain, I hate them too! I don't think I hate them as bad a mice, but...they rank up there pretty high.

sarahmfry said...

I can't believe you knocked that thing out! Practically killed with your bare hands. I'm impressed. That is no tiny bat.